Thursday 14 January 2010

Bah

As the snow melts and that brown slushy stuff that is uncomfortable to walk in lies dismally on the floor I reflect on the past year. Last year saw a decline in business for photographers and a few I know fell by the wayside. It is sad to see that due to the availability of good quality, reasonably priced cameras and the digital techniques that are easily available to amateurs, the need for portrait and even commercial and wedding photographer is rapidly decreasing.
Last year was a tough one for me and I limped into 2010 with an uncertain future. I am sure I will find ways to keep going but I do wish it was easier sometimes.
At present I am suffering from a lack of motivation too which does not help much. Recent developments in my personal life and the aftermath of a disasterous christmas have left me jaded to say the least - There are no answers, time is all is required and in the meantime I get inspiration from people like my old photographer friend from Radio Jackie, Darren Graham who seems to be in about fifty places at once and comes up with some stunning photography on a daily basis - where do you get your energy man. Also I have been watching Channelle Sergius -Bruce's work via Facebook, a great and very positive wedding photographer.
So have I just ran out of steam or is it time for me to roll over and get a job at Chessington?
no doubt I will drag myself out of this depression in due course but so far 2010 - not impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment