Wednesday 27 May 2009

Duck time coming up

Greetings all. So now that the annual Drama Festival is over things are slowly getting back to normal. It is never quiet for long though as we have loads of events in the pipeline - The Duck Race, Focus for Growth Conference by the Chamber of Commerce, Wildlife Aid Open Day, Ashtead Village day, to name but a few.
I am currently working on a creative poster for the Duck Race - last year we had a giant rubber duck squeezing through the arch of the town bridge and prior to that it was the 'Leatherhead Duck' on the roundabout by the Plough - kinda taking the mickey a bit out of the Dorking Cockerel (in a nice friendly way of course). This year I hope to have an equally amusing image so keep your eyes peeled and come down on the 28th June to join in the fun. Sadly I will not be there for long this year as I am heading off to a concert in London later in the day.
The weather is lousy today - wet and miserable, not what we need right now, where has the sun gone? I am supposed to be doing some stock photography this week but so far it has been no good. A big congratulation to my pal, Andy Hill and his wife Laura who have just announced that they are expecting a baby, (here's hoping it will take after its Mum on the looks front....only kidding Andy, I suspect the hair style will be similar you yours though!)
Congrats too to Andras for catching an 18lb catfish the other day - wish I was there to see that one. I hear Mike Creasy managed nil poisson - remember Mike, worms and a twig!! works everytime...he will know what I mean. anyway, I'm off, have bigger fish to fry, catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment