Friday 15 May 2009

Tired!!

It is the last day of the adult week at the festival and boy am I tired. I have covered all 25 performances so far and am proud to say they are all edited and up on the site! Last night was one of my hardest ones as there was a play by the Churt Amateur Dramatic Society set in a lifeboat with very dark lighting throughout. This is a challenge as it is difficult to capture from the back of the Theatre in low light with no flash. However - I opened up my iso rating to 3200 and managed to make it look lighter than it was in real life!! Even though it is a bit 'noisy' you can still see all the detail and they actually look very atmospheric.
That is the beauty of Theatre photography - the light is constantly changing and there are often big challenges. One of the other performances, by the Bookham Players was set in Leatherhead and there were mentions of the Swan Centre, Dorking, Ashtead and that place on the high street where you can get your photos done, they can even do a bit of airbrushing too.... yeah! fame at last! It has been a fantastic two weeks and even though I am pretty knackered I have enjoyed every moment. It has been made all the more enjoyable by the presence of my two new friends who usually sit behind me although they moved down towards the stage last night - I was quite lost without them......I still think they have a crafty vodka or two hidden away under their seats!
We had my friend Max Clifford along on Wednesday too. He was here to watch a friend perform in one of the plays and apparantly enjoyed a meal at Lal Aakash beforehand! Tomorrow of course is the big night and I will be there dinner jacket, fully charged camera and loaded with pro plus!!
Not much else to report just now, it is all quite in the studio - sign of the times I think, worrying really as that is my bread and butter and I am already down to crumbs and margarine. the days of the high street studio are sadly numbered I think!
The papers are all full of Katie and Peter just now. how clever - will the next step be the next tv series - Katie & Peter - The Reunion, followed by renewal of the marriage vows (again....funded of course by a national magazine), and then the inevitable baby........or am I just being cynical. If they did get back together the best thing they could do is keep a low profile and have some family time, but then is it a marriage of convenience or is it real and they are happy living their life in the public eye?
Oh well, I had better go and take up my position at the back of the theatre for the final three shows, full report on tomorrow when I have recovered!

1 comment:

  1. hey Andy!
    I remember this fortnight being one of exhaustion and very speedy editing so was thinking 'bout being there last year and leaving you to 'snap' on!! Cannot believe it a year...say hello to all for me and yep, i await the arrival of my LDF badge as ordered from Dick last week!!
    take care hun,
    Blue xx

    ReplyDelete