Saturday 4 April 2009


As you will have guessed by the lack of blogging going on this week, it has been a very busy one!
My Surrey life feature on Leatherhead has generated a few nice comments, as has the cover of this months Ashtead and Leatherhead Local which features Bluebells in Norbury Park. I am also doing the cover of the Dorking diary which is edited by Louise Fowkes who used to work here at the theatre. That too is looking promising and I wish her all the very best!
My big disappointment this week was getting my first picture in Hello magazine and them omitting my credit. I have had pictures in the national papers before but not in Hello or OK and so when I finally did get on in it was annoying not to get any credit for it - if anyone cares to have a look it is the one of Shilpa Shetty in her Gymnasium on page 28. It was good seeing it in there nonetheless and I have to thank Max for the opportunity, he has passed me quite a few very interesting jobs over the past couple of years. Talking of Mr Clifford, I was lucky enough to be a guest at Hush in Mayfair on Tuesday night for a 'cash for questions' charity evening with Max and the Rainbow Trust. I lost count of how much wine I drank as they kept topping up the glasses when you were not looking but it was very good and Max himself was very entertaining indeed, they raised about 4,000 on the night which was great news!
On Thursday I attended the Denbies Gatwick Diamond award celebration - it is a great result for the vineyard and I am proud to be associated with them - I went along with Zen George from the local who was very excitedly telling everyone she had recently had installed a streamline visa machine in her bedroom! This of course is because there was no telephone point free in her office you understand and not because she has some sort of sideline going on - got a few laughs around the table all the same. I also went to a reception at 'The Chapel' this week - the very impressive and inspiring home of Phoenix plc who are hiring out office space in their building - one of the most creative I have ever seen. to see more go to http://www.thechapelsurrey.com/
This weekend is a quiet one and I am going away next week after a busy monday and tuesday!
I have been so busy that I have missed a few birthdays this last few weeks and here is my chance to redeem myself - I might add that in most cases I was not told about them till after the event but here goes anyway - firstly my wee friend Shorty who is coming in for a portrait shoot soon and is one of the best posers in surrey!, top RAC man - Mr T, the wonderful Jenny Gabbert who makes the best fruit pies in the world, the awesome Dick Jones and my Mums fella - Duncan Maddox - happy birthday all.
...time to get some editing done - have a great easter and long may the sun shine!

1 comment:

  1. hiya hun!
    Am off to buy a Hello (do you think they'd sell me just page 28 at half price???) Hope you're off somewhere nice. Sounds like you're doing PDG right now hun, and i'm chuffed for you!!
    Say hello to everyone down there for me.
    Luv n' stuff
    Blue xx

    ReplyDelete