Friday 13 March 2009

Eyebrow raising in Leatherhead and Bods in Bookham

What a week it has been! Since my last blog I have not stopped. On Saturday evening I went to The Touraid Dinner and Dance which was a charity event to raise money for kids to come over from other countries and build relationships over here using Rugby as the catalyst. (http://www.touraid.org/) Max and Jo were there as were many members of the Harlequins Rugby Club and the auctioneer was John Inverdale. Pics are on my site and a big thank you to Carine and her family who bid for one of my home sittings and raised £500 for the charity.

On Monday I was in London covering a Women's enterprise task force event for Seeda at Canada House in Trafalgar square. and on tuesday, amongst other things I was at The Children's Trust in Tadworth with Louis Mariette and Gladiator, Trojan whio were there producing a promotional film for the London Marathon. We had a great time with the kids who were an inspiration. As always when working with children who are sick or injured, it amazes me how brave they are - they do not moan and winge like we adults often do, they just get on with it.

Tuesday night was an informal networking meeting for the Chamber of Commerce and I have to say that it was the food that stole the show - the evening was a big success with lots of networking going on in a very relaxed and friendly manner but Mary and Keith at the Running Horse did us proud with a magnificent spread. Thank you for a huge effort which was well appreciated by all. The evening continued afterwards with a couple of drinks and an impromptu performance of how not to walk in a straight line by Rocket Ron!

Last night was a little bit different than I am used to. I was booked about a year and a half ago to do a presentation for Bookham Camera Club and it has come around a lot quicker than I expected. Needless to say I have spent a large part of the last week collating images and preparing a powerpoint. I arrived at the venue in Bookham early and I was very nervous - I do not normally suffer from nerves when having to speak but I usually have a camera to hide behind and also this was a 2 hour long presentation to people who were pretty knowledgeable about my field so it was a daunting task. I need not have fretted though, they were a very friendly bunch and I found myself enjoying it, nobody fell asleep or tried to escape and I feel quite honoured to have been invited. I am looking forward to seeing one of their exhibitions soon and maybe doing more of these types of things in the future. It has been good practise for the upcoming Denbies events too. Thanks for having me along guys and thanks too for your donation to Rainbow Trust.

Finally for now, I have to share a little video with you. You will have no doubt seen the great dairy milk advert set in a photographers studio where the two kids wiggle their eyebrows to music - well two pals of mine - Andy and Andras decided to try and replicate it down the pub last week. here is the result -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zW0NZdHVeY .......enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment