Thursday 26 February 2009

Focus n stuff

Have been flat out doing some work for DNA art again, complicated stuff but great results. Finally, I have managed to grab five mins to chill and blog over a chicken soup and a can of coke zero. I have a bit of man flu going on so I am feeling a wee bit sorry for myself. It has been a funny week, very little paying work but lots of 'stuff'.
It was the annual pilgrimage to Birmingham for the Focus trade show sans the night out and stop over. After a lot of badly organised faffing about, five photographers crammed into Andy Gordon's vauxhaull thingy and headed north. Bit of a quick zip about this year although I did not see much that was new and it seemed quieter than previous years - Was good to see a few familair faces though, Hayley & Will, Simon Winson, the crowd from phototopix, Kevin Wilson, the legendary John Henshall and my good friend Tony Eatough who never seems to age - he dresses like an art student and listens to stuff like Kings of Leon (who are my top music tip for the week - fantastic latest album by the way) I did manage to pick up a couple of little essentials but was tempted away from the big things - much as I fancied the newish D700 - maybe next year! The drive home was quite sober really - in more ways than one - we all felt that we should have stayed and hit broad street for a testosterone filled night of beer and tapas!
Got a great full page feature on the Chamber of Commerce in this weeks Surrey Ad - out tomorrow, its in the business section and is a really positive piece about leatherhead, great in the current climate. OK, back to work on more dna profiles, ttfn. Oh and happy birthday to my Nan and Cousin Andi. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment